On April 9, there will be a press conference introducing the Udall Bill in
the House and the Senate.  From March 29, through April 8, we need as many
thank you notes with personal stories of how PD has affected your life sent
or faxed to:
The Honorable  Fred Upton
U.S.House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
fax 202-225-4986
and
The Honorable  John McCain
U.S.Senate
Washington, DC 20510
fax 202-228-2862

If you can, send it priority, special delivery, fed ex, etc. because there
isn't much time.  If you need help with your letter contact me and I will
help you write it.

Representative Upton and Senator McCain want to have the letters in their
hands at the Press Conference on April 9.

We need as many people as possible who have an interest in this bill to
attend.

We can all benefit from the passing of the Udall bill.
It's only right that we all share in the work.

You decide what effort you are capable of:
-Send a letter to Senator McCain with your personal story.
-Send a letter to Congressman Upton with your personal story.
-Go to Washington DC for 1 day to attend the press conference and
introduction of the Udall bill on April 9.
If we have enough people maybe we will make the front page of the newspapers.
 A headline like, "1.5 Million Attend Introduction Of Udall Parkinson's
Disease Research Bill" cannot be ignored.

The Press conference is scheduled for 11:00AM ( I will post the location when
I get it) and will last about 15 minutes.  After that you can use the rest of
the day to lobbie with other grassroots advocates.
Please contact Mike Claeys at PAN if you can attend.
1-800-850-4726
[log in to unmask] (Parkinson's Action Network)