Hi Karen,

I just thought I'd drop you a quick note since your name appeared in my
email-box. I didn't get around to doing Xmas cards this year, and I am
woefully lax when it comes to letter writing.

Glad to hear that you still have a job--if only precariously. Here, the
university has agreed to the principle that ongoing work should be done
by people in ongoing positions and has undertaken a review of sessional
positions with a view to making some longer term (3 years??) if not
permanent. I have yet to hear anything, though, when it comes to my
contract...

I see that you'll be going to Inkshed this year; unfortunately I won't
maket it there or to the learneds, but I do plan to go to the rhetoric
conference at U of S in July and am really looking forward to it as it's
been a long time since I've been back there. Have you thought about coming
out for it?

Well, I hope all is well with you and your family. Are both your boys
still at home? It seems to me that one of them must be near graduation. I
haven't been in touch with Jana lately, but I hear via Tamara that Anne's
mother recently passed away from Cruzfeld-Jacob Syndrome. How sad. Anne
has certainly had a lot of family trauma to deal with over the last few
years.

Bye for now (I have 55 papers sitting on my desk for marking....),

Jo-Anne