Hi, CASLLers --

        I've been asked to chair the 4 C's Computer Committee this year,
and also to nominate people for that committee.  We have a number of
people returning on the committee, and Nell Ann Pickett has recommended
some people, but we have a few more slots to fill.

        So I was wondering if anyone would be interested in serving on
this committee.  The meetings are held annually at the C's, usually on
Saturday afternoon.  The committee is responsible for advising the
Executive Board of the 4 C's on matters electronic.  This year's agenda
includes goodies like helping the fledgeling 4 C's online journal get
underway; preparing documents related to work with technology and
promotion and tenure; and continuing to work with CCCC Online, the
conference web page.  We do most of our work online, by means of
discussion lists and web pages.

        If this sounds like the committee for you, let me know
privately.  Thanks.

Marcy

                        Marcy Bauman
         Writing Program, University of Michigan-Dearborn
              4901 Evergreen Rd, Dearborn, MI 48128
                      fax: 313-593-5552
                 http://www.umd.umich.edu/~marcyb