it is interesting to read people's dreaming experiences as described in
recent postings: I have never considered that Sinemet, Madopar or any
other version of levodopa was the cause of particularly vivid dreams. I
must confess that after taking levodopa for 17 years, it is not easy
to remember what normal dreams were like!  I certainly agree that the
dreams which I had while taking selegeline (Eldepryl, Deprenyl) were
quite horrible (It seemed that I was semi-conscious: enough to realise
that I was having a nightmare, but not enough to be able to influence
what was going on.
  I also had nightmares when taking  Bromocriptine ( Parlodel), and
again took myself off that drug as soon as I realised  what it was
doing to me.

  I personally subscribe to the theory that dreams (which we all have,
whether we remember them or not), are the brain's way of sorting through
our memories of the day's happenings, deciding whether to discard some
memories, put others into more permanent lovations, and even doing some
editorialising to put things into a more favourable light from our point
of view. Who knows what long term effects may emerge if these dreams
were being corrupted by drug-induced nightmares.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>