Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 09:44:18 -0600
From: "Charles T. Meyer" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: liquid deprenyl citrate

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I've responded and asked these questions of the list but you are perhaps the
> person to ask.  If there is no difference between eldepryl and liquid
> deprenyl citrate then why are some early onset patients given eldepryl.  Can
> it cause the same problems?  Is it just a dose issue?
> I understand your feelings about the double blind tests and placebos.  I hope
> you end up with success in regards to your surgery.
> Den

Den,

Yes it is the dose issue that makes the use risky.  In the interview on
the web site they talked about drops of deprenyl.  That strikes me as an
innacurate way to measure a drug that has dose related adverse
reactions.

MY advise to you if you insist on trying these New age treatments is to
find a neurologist who can give you good advice about what you intend to
try.  He/she will almost certainly will advise against taking the
majority of these treatments but may go along with you on trials of low
risk  alternative treatments and give you warnings as to what may be of
high risk.

You seem committed to alternative medicine but at least you are asking
the right questions.  Good luck.

Charlie--
CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
MADISON, WISCONSIN