Carol Brow wrote:

> would do. She placed her hands along the sides
> of mother's head from behind and concentrated
> intensively. She was counting the number of times
> mother's head expanded and  contracted in  one
> minute. When she was through she explained
> that a normal cranial pulse is about 12 beats
> a minute. Mother's was three and very weak.
> She went on the say that it was no wonder
> she was confused. A person in a coma might
> have a rhythm of 6!

Carol,

The cranium does not pulsate (except in very young children, this
before the cranial sutures (which connect the bones of the skull)
fuse, which usually occurs totally by the age of 10 (and they can no
longer be forced apart).  The cranium is a "closed container"; that is
why brain tumors, hemorrhages, etc., kill people, this from the
buildup of pressure inside with "no place to go".

The *brain* does pulsate!  It pulsates with the venous pulsations,
roughly the same as the heartbeat.

I won't plan to comment on "craniosacral therapy", but I can tell you
that the skull in an adult does not pulsate.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"