Hello all,
        I'm new to the list, having just subscribed last night.  I just
wanted to send a quick note of greeting, and describe my situation.
        My father was diagnosed with parkinson's in January.  He is a 53
year old carpenter, and has relied on his hands his entire life.  He is
being very chipper about it, but I can tell it is bothering him.
As far as the doctors can tell, he was diagnosed fairly early,
and his symptoms include difficulty with fine motor skills, and rigidity
of his muscles.  His medication and exercises have had a beneficial
effect, and I think that he is feeling better.
        After searching the internet for sources of new information for him,
I joined this list so that I could hopefully interact with people living
with the disease, and pass on the experience to him.  If I can gethim
past his computer phobia, I'll see if I can get him logged on, I'm sure
he could use the support, especially if he can be shown that, although
his life has changed now because of parkinsons, he can still lead a
productive life.

        Anyhow, I've gone on long enough
        I look forward to participating on the list.

Dwayne