To let Ivan and other states know, you can add KANSAS to those who are
 proclaiming April as PD Awareness Month.  The official version is on the
way.

STEPS I TOOK:

1.  Called Governors  office and asked to speak to person who could tell me
the proper procedures.  We had a very pleasant conversation.

2.   She faxed me the  procedures and a sample Proclamation.

3.   Using the  Maine model, I amended and added new clauses to  reflect our
situation  in Kansas.  I then faxed this with a   respectful cover  letter to
the same aide.  Also, Jack Savely in Topeka sent a supporting appeal which I
referenced.

4.  Two days later I called this aide, and she informed me that they had
approved
the Proclamation and would be sending an official Proclamation shortly.

MISSOURI folks, why haven't we heard from you?  Those coming to the Greater
Kansas City symposium on April 24, do you really want the Kanas proclamation
announced with "nada" from Missouri?  Likewise, any publicity we might
engender?  Governors like to hear from their state's residents.

Throwing down the gauntlet  from Merriam, Kansas,

Barbara Blake-Krebs