Barb Brock wrote:

    <  It occurred to me that certain over-the-counter and meds might be
    <contraindicated with PD, even if he's not yet on sinemet.  Would any of you
    <happen to have a list of contraindicated meds, if there are any.  Would
    <really
    <appreciate your help.

Barb,

This listserv has published a list of contra-indicated drugs a while back. I am
sure it can be recalled from the archives.
However, to be of practical value, it was not directly in a handy shape. For
purposes of having it available at all times, it should be reduced in size.
I carry a list with me in my billfold, that fits in there marvelously.
On the front it identifies me as a Parky and tells people unfamiliar with the
disease, that I am not intoxicated.
The list is published by the
National Parkinson Foundation
1501 N.W. 9th Avenue. Bob Hope Road
Miami, Florida 33136-1494
Telephone      :  ( 305) 547-6666
Toll Free Nat'l :  1-800-327-4545
Fax                    :  (305) 243-4403

Everyone with PD should have such a list. It can be extremely important, because
certain combinations of meds and drugs are lethal.

Good Luck,

Will

Will A. Kuipers           ( 76 / dx '91 )