Bill Rogers wrote:

> For a couple of months now I've noticed a ringing sensation in my ears.
> (worse at nightime)
> The best way to describe this noise is to say it sounds like a high pitched
> buzz like you would hear on a summers night when all the insects are making
> their sounds or like the sound of electricity going through high voltage
> wires.
> I will be seeing my new neuro doctor in a couple of weeks but thought I would
> see what you guys/gals say about my problem.
> Is this something common with us Parkies ? or am I out in left field thinking
> that it is ?
>
> Bill Rogers-Parkie 56/8yrs
> Peterborough,Ontario,Canada
HI BILL,

The symptom that you have is called tinitus.  I am not aware of any
greater frequence in PD compared to the general population.  It can
occur with many meds or out of the blue.  One of the most common causes
is high dose aspirin. It is not dangerous but can be annoying.

Charlie
--
CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
MADISON, WISCONSIN