Den writes:

  I'm curious if anyone else on the
>list has any info on the liquid deprenyl and the successful weaning off of
>taking sinemet.  She claims she has been successful but that most others have
>only tapered off.  Anyone?

I have used the liquid deprenyl, and believe it to be a much more potent
medication than the pills prescribed in the US, but I don't think it would
alone provide enough symptomatic relief to suit me. I also use many of the
supplements she refers to, and enjoy very good overall health, and little or
no progression of symptoms after 9 years.

The question here may be "Compared to what?" The daily demands on me for
functioning at a semi-normal pace in a business environment required that my
ability to move not be dramatically impaired. I am moving into an early
retirement mode (whatever that means), applied and turned down for SSDI,
much fewer demands on me as a norm, and might consider giving life a go
without sinemet, especially if Pramepixole yields some of the benefits
promised. Warning: that liquid deprenyl is some strong stuff, there is a
good reason for Ms. Freeman's use of 10 mgs of melatonin/day. She probably
needs that much to get any sleep at all. Both of those dosage amounts for
those two drugs far exceed my comfort or safety zone. Be careful.

Kathie Tollifson
46/9