Bill Rodgers,

     You describe the head noise, beautifully. My childhood home was in the
woods of south Florida and I remember with some nostalgia the sounds of night
in the country.  For a couple of years before my diagnosis, from time to
time,  I  noticed the ringing/electrical buzz sensation in my ears. In fact,
when we moved into a new house I spent a whole night looking for a possible
electrical problem in and about the house that might be the source. In
retrospect, of course, it was all in my head!
   It, indeed,  sounds like a high pitched buzz like you would hear on a
summer's night when all the tiny tree frogs are auditioning for the critter's
choir. And it sounds like the high hum of electricity going through high
voltage wires.  I have never had it explained and I have never complained to
the doc.  Interesting, sometimes I can initiate the sound by chomping my
teeth together. I can get the buzz to a higher pitch by closing my teeth and
then increasing the pressure on the teeth by tightening the bite.  Try that!
  If it works, perhaps we can find others and have a head jam and go to
Nashville and make a record.   In all seriousness, let me know what you find
out and I will remember to consult with my neuro.  I 'm sure that the doc
will confirm that it is all in our heads.
Think of it as a free buzz!
Jack Xekaxm 53/4, your PWP brother in pain and gain.