Have been on SSDI for two years---Am now age 64.  Had very little trouble in
being "awarded" the disability benefit. Told them I still played tennis and
golf when I could--

I told them it would take about a year to contact and initiate a smooth
transition for my 30 year collection of  very personal client relationships.
 After being examined by their M.D. and their "shrink"after having a peek at
all my medical records from the begining of time. my "award" took 6 months

There probably is a list of  probable diseases.

I personally would not engage the services of any one or anybody until the
benefit request is denied. Then follow the appeal process with carefully
selected legal assistance.    Good luck!!!!