When I Called Congressman's Greenwood's  office to inquire why  he =
wasn't on the original cosponsor list for the Udall Bill they informed =
me that his son had just been killed in an auto accident.  My wife and I =
had met  Congressman Greenwood while signing up PA cosponsors  last =
year.   Besides being a genuinely "nice guy",  he was an original =
cosponsor last session , and was one of the first if not the first  =
Republican to cosponsor the Udall Bill.  We wish to extend our deepest =
sympathy to Congressman Greenwood and his family.

>From the Philly Inquirer

Andrew McClure, the youngest son of U.S. Rep. James C. Greenwood, was =
killed late Sunday after the car he was driving hit a utility pole on =
Route 413 near Landisville Road in Buckingham, police said.  McClure, =
23, of Erwinna, was pronounced dead at 11:49 p.m. Sunday by Bucks County =
Coroner Thomas Rosko. The cause of death was not immediately available =
yesterday.  McClure's passenger, David Redpath, 23, of Meetinghouse Road =
in Doylestown, was treated at the emergency room of Abington Memorial =
Hospital and released yesterday.  Buckingham Police Chief Steven Daniels =
said the car caught fire after it hit the pole broadside. He said a =
power line fell on the car.  McClure was unconscious immediately after =
the wreck, and Daniels said it was not clear whether he was killed on =
impact or died in the fire.   McClure was an employee of Community =
Service Foundation of Bucks County, where he counseled teenagers. =20

Greenwood, a third-term Republican whose district includes Bucks County, =
worked with abused and neglected children from 1977 to 1980 at the Bucks =
County Children and Youth Social Service Agency. It was then that he met =
his wife, the former Christina Paugh, who was also a caseworker at the =
agency.  McClure is Christina Greenwood's son by an earlier marriage.  =
Rep. Greenwood, in a statement released yesterday by his office, asked =
for privacy in grieving for his son.   Family and friends will remember =
McClure, a 1995 graduate of Slippery Rock University with a degree in =
social work, with a private memorial service Saturday at Doylestown =
Presbyterian Church. Andrew McClure, the youngest son of U.S. Rep. James =
C. Greenwood, was killed late Sunday after the car he was driving hit a =
utility pole on Route 413 near Landisville Road in Buckingham, police =
said.  McClure, 23, of Erwinna, was pronounced dead at 11:49 p.m. Sunday =
by Bucks County Coroner Thomas Rosko. The cause of death was not =
immediately available yesterday.  McClure's passenger, David Redpath, =
23, of Meetinghouse Road in Doylestown, was treated at the emergency =
room of Abington Memorial Hospital and released yesterday.  Buckingham =
Police Chief Steven Daniels said the car caught fire after it hit the =
pole broadside. He said a power line fell on the car.  McClure was =
unconscious immediately after the wreck, and Daniels said it was not =
clear whether he was killed on impact or died in the fire.  McClure was =
an employee of Community Service Foundation of Bucks County, where he =
counseled teenagers.  Greenwood, a third-term Republican whose district =