^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     deg. F

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997 07:22:20 -0500 Camilla Flintermann
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Dear Ivan---your latest post is a testimonial to how a PWP can be
>effective, even within the limits of his/her condition, and I hope
>your
>personal search for the right treatment also is fruitful. There are
>some
>who are not able to do all you (and others) do on behalf of the PD
>community
>and I'm sure it feels vey good to know that you are working for them
>as well
>as yourself. When we get our localProclamation, I'll post it to the
>list,
>and you will see that it was based on yours in Maine.  Hope the trip
>and the
>consultation go well--thanks for all you manage to do---and tell us
>how your
>house is coming along, to replacethe one lost in the fire?
>
>Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
>*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"
>*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>Camilla,
     Thanks for your VERY kind words. It helps to know people are rooting
for you,  and Camilla, you are special to all of us on the list.

I decided today to wear BLACK TIE AND TUXEDO and a NO PARKINSON's  PIN,
to the signing ceremony in the state Capitol on Monday. Why not?

     After all, it is a BIG DEAL to meet the Governor, and to witness him
sign a Parkinson's Awareness Proclamation while the TV cameras FLASH!!

     The house is coming to life.  The sheet rock is now up inside much
of it, and the next step is to find appliances so the kitchen can be
walled and wired up.

      The contractor thinks I'll be back home by mid-June. The  silver
lining is that I am putting in PD-related special designs everywhere,
like, higher countertops and sinks  (so I don't have to bend at the neck
so much), higher electric outlets (less stooping), no threshholds
(avoiding tripping), grip bars around the tub, wheelchair-accessible
shower, doors and windows with lever handles instead of knobs, woodstoves
and thick insulation (winter warmth), and a  4 foot by 12 foot connector
to the garage (no more going outside in grim weather to get to and from
the car).

      The big challenge is, as with so many PWP's, is lessening mobility.
 So my bedroom willl be on the first floor level, near the kitchen and
bathroom, instead of upstairs. And, maybe someone to stay with me, so I
do not have to live alone.

      Thanks again, Camilla, for caring.  WE ARE ALL SO FORTUNATE THAT
YOU ARE OUT THERE FOR US.

       IVAN