^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses    39  deg. F

    April is PARKINSON'S DISEASE AWARENESS MONTH, and April 11th is WORLD
PARKINSON'S DAY. A STATE-BY-STATE UPDATE FOLLOWS ON GOVERNORS WHO HAVE
BEEN ASKED BY PWP'S AND CG'S TO ISSUE PROCLAMATIONS.

      If you live in one of the 35 states not yet included in the list
below, PLEASE CALL YOUR GOVERNOR  and request that April be recognized as
PD Awareness Month, and April 11 as World PD Day!

     PLEASE POST ANY RESULTS OR REQUESTS FOR HELP TO THE LIST.

     If we can get more Governors'  Proclamations soon, we can build
further support for the Udall Bill, to be introduced in Washington on
April 9th.

    As of today (April 6, 3pm EDT.), the following state governors have
issued proclamations:

Kansas           Gov.  Bill Graves
Maine            Gov.  Angus J. King, Jr.
Maryland       Gov.  Parris Glendening
Virginia          Gov. George  Allen

Listmembers report that the following governors' offices have promised
proclamations soon:

Arkansas         Gov. Mike Huckabee
New York        Gov.  Pataki

Efforts are reported under way by PWP's and/or CG's in the following
states:

California
Kentucky
Massachusetts  Gov. Weld
Nebraska
North Carolina  Gov. Hunt
Ohio
Rhode Island      Gov.   Almand

UNCONFIRMED efforts are under way in the following states. If you live in
one of these states, PLEASE help by calling your governor's office and
posting any news back to the list.

Florida
Georgia

I will try to update this list once more by Tues 4/8 at 11 PM, EDT.

Ivan