Hi Carol Queen Lynch <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote
>Hi, I assist with running a PD support group in Blatimore. It has been
>running well for many years. We are in need of some fresh ideas for
>types of speakers or topics for next year. Please help!  Thanks,
>Carol

If you haven't already done these, try:
ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES
-acupunture
-reflexology
-aromatherapy
-yoga
-hypnotherapy
-shiatsu
-Alexander technique
-reiki
-transcendental meditation
-positive thinking
-relaxation therapy

WORKSHOPS
-brainstorming new ideas, drug management or whatever
-art &/or sculpture hands-on
-consultant-led discussion groups, separate for PWPs & CGs, followed by
session where both groups present their finding (in outline only) to the
other group.

MEDICAL
-Neurologist on the disease, the modes of treatment etc.
-Pharmacologist on drugs - their actions AND interactions!

Various
-Quiz - based on PD.
-the benefits system(s)
-grants and how to claim them
-Fund-raising techniques & skills.

MEDICAL/PROFESSIONAL
Physio therapy incl. training in basic actions e.g.turning over in bed,
rising ftom the floor etc
Occupational therapy and aids for the disabled.
Visit to a disabled equipent & furniture stoRE INCL> DEMOS< HSNDS_ON RTC
Poetry competition - related to being PWP.

Regards

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160