Bob has tinnitus too - it happened way back in the late 1970's, almost 20
years before the diagnosis of PD.  We think it was because in those days he
used to use a chain saw to cut lots of wood (we had a small acreage in BC
Canada) - and probably didn't get to use the head gear soon enough!
Incidentally, about the same time he lost taste on one side of his tongue,
his sense of smell was affected and he also complained of double vision.
Oh, yeah, we lived within a few miles of a pulp mill and when the wind
blew, we could smell it...
I believe there is a higher incidence of PD in pulp mill towns.  I think
Canadian research shows this.
Joy Graham (CG Bob 57, 8 yrs)