Dear Listfriends,

Below is the latest update.  We have gained two governors this week, and
efforts are under way in at least 11 states.

April is PARKINSON'S DISEASE AWARENESS MONTH, and April 11th is WORLD
PARKINSON'S DAY.

 If you live in one of the 39 states not yet included in the list below,
PLEASE CALL YOUR GOVERNOR  and request that April be recognized as PD
Awareness Month, and April 11 as World PD Day!

PLEASE POST ANY RESULTS OR REQUESTS FOR HELP TO THE LIST SO THAT THEY CAN
BE ADDED TO THE LIST.

If we can get more Governors'  Proclamations soon, we can build further
support for the Udall Bill, to be introduced in Washington on April 9th.

As of tonight (April 2, 12:22 A.M.), the following state governors have
issued proclamations:

Maine            Gov. Angus J. King, Jr.
Maryland       Gov.  Parris Glendening
Virginia          Gov. George  Allen

Listmembers report that the following governors' offices have promised
proclamations soon:

New York       Gov.  Pataki
Rhode Island   Gov.  Almand

Efforts are reported under way by PWP's and/or CG's in the following
states:

Arkansas
California
Kansas
Kentucky
Nebraska
Ohio

Unconfirmed efforts under way in the following three states. If you live
in one of these states, please help us by calling your governor's office
and reporting back to the list.

Florida
Georgia
Massachusetts

Thanks for the efforts you are making.

Ivan Suzman  [log in to unmask]

The world is like a spider's web; touch it anywhere and it quivers
everywhere.