Hooray!

---I received a call from a staff member of Governor Mike Huckabee (Arkansas)
today telling me the Gov. would be happy to issue a proclamation for the
state of Arkansas.  They wanted me to send them some information as to how I
wanted the proclamation to read.  I told them I could probably send them a
copy of one from another state, and they said, "great!"  So............I need
someone to email me a copy of the proclamation from Maine, Virginia, New
Jersey.....

Concerning the Udall bill:
I received a response from Senator Dale Bumpers (Ark.), who is a member of
the Senate Appropriations Committee stating, in part:

  "During the 104th Congress, this initiative had a great deal of bipartisan
support in the Senate and throughout the U.S.  I was overwhelmed by the
support which was evident in Arkansas and supported the bill wholeheartedly.
 Its failure to reach the House floor for a vote was a disappointment to many
including myself.  It is my hope that it will receive the attention it
deserves in the 105th Congress."

--He still hasn't cosponsored, but we will keep after him and the other
congressional members from Arkansas.

-Rosemary Russell