From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of LISA CRUMRINE
Sent:   Tuesday, April 01, 1997 3:33 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        health insurance

hello out there listmembers, you guys are great, i am so grateful that
you are there and the info and support is invaluable to me.

this request is for my friend peter, who also has pd ( the only other on
this entire island in the caribean and as I've said before,this list is
a lifeline to him as well, he lives on a boat and cant access the
internet.

anyways... does anyone have any info on health insurance?  you all sent
me so much great info on getting lo-cost/free meds. I fortunately, was
accepted by my ins co 3 months before I was diagnosed (thank god), he
however has no insurance and is being refused coverage by all he
applies.

Is there any law (regulating this) or any companies out there that offer
health ins to pre-ex cond. cases????   Also, does anyone have any info
or experiences with the blue-green algae suppliment?  His wife said he's
been taking it for 2 1/2 weeks and is actually starting to feel a subtle
difference.    Any info anyone has on these two subjects would be
greatly appreciated.

regards
lisa in paradise