On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 20:37:27 -0400 Peter Street said:

>In Jan/97 he started having daytime hallucinations although we believe he
>may have had problems with nightmares before they now where even worst. He
>would get up and look for people in the house and even find some from time
>to time. He is an war veteran and spend 4 1/2 years in a Japanese POW camp
>so some of the visions were really bad. The Doctor took him off the(SNIP)
>.... they gave him morphine in hospital he became wild ....
>                 (SNIP)
>Thank you all
>
>Peter Street

Peter-- two questions--has he ever had any Clozaril to treat the
hallucinations? It can be helpful, must be carefully monitored, though.
 Glad he will see a neuro.
Also, PWPs should not have morphine or other opiates, as they compete
with the dopamine receptors for the dopamine in the meds....you can get
a list of contra-indicated drugs from the list archives---
ask Johnm Cottingham   <[log in to unmask]> for an "archive search"
(put that in subject line) for that.

Too bad that your mother's secretiveness hindered things for so long, but
at least now you are able to help your father. Good luck.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"