At 12:46 PM 4/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Listmembers,
>
>This is a third request for volunteers to participate in a nutrition
>study on Parkinson's disease. As of now, I have eighteen study
>participants, but would like more
>
>In last year's 2nd Quarter Parkinson Report, Dr. Gerald McIntosh, a
>neurologist in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, coauthored with Dr. M.H.
>Thaut a report on a study using music therapy to help people with PD to
>initiate movement.
>
>As some of you are aware, Dr. McIntosh and I have been attempting to
>locate funds to study the nutritional status of people with PD. That
>funding is now in place and we are seeking volunteers for the study.
>
>Study participants will be asked to commit to two visits to Dr.
>McIntosh's office in Fort Collins. Participants will also be asked to
>complete a detailed three-day food record, a list of all medications
>currently used, and will be encouraged to have a blood test, although
>the blood test is not mandatory. All services are free to study
>participants, except for the blood test--some insurers will pay, others
>will not.
>
>I will analyze the food record, study all medications used, medical
>history, and blood test, and report on my findings. I will provide
>appropriate nutrition counseling to all study participants.
>
>It is my hope that at least 50 people will participate. To be
>statistically significant the study must be fairly large, although a
>small study will still be helpful.
>
>To that end, I hope that people with Parkinson's in the general areas of
>Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska will sign up for the study. May I ask
>that those of you who belong to PD support groups please pass the
>information on to your groups?
>
>To sign up for the study, contact:
>
>Gerald McIntosh, M.D.
>1247 Riverside Avenue
>Fort Collins CO 80524
>Tel: 970-482-4373
>Fax: 970-484-5682
>
>I hope to see some of you in the coming weeks!
>
>Best regards,
>Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
>

>--
>Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
>Editor-in-Chief,
>"Spotlight on Food--nutrition news for people 60-plus"
>Tel: 970-493-6532   Fax: 970-493-6538
>http://www.fortnet.org/~fivstar
>You may wish to contact:
>Better Business Bureau of the Mountain States,
>for further information.

kathrynne holden  my self and my cg. has learned yrs ago music helps to move
and walk. as we dance to slow music. but when it stops i want to fall down
so she holds me by my belt. we live in lima,ohio. 2440 lakewood
[log in to unmask] it does help. for 2yrs. email me or write me don
mckinley.  I.Y.Q.