I was diagnosed as Parkinsonian at age 63 - some 3 years after my personal
observation of tremor and "frozen shoulder syndrome".  Combinations of
bromocriptine(Parlodel), amantadine(Symmetrel) and selegiline(Eldepryl) worked
for the better part of 4 years. I discontinued the Parlodel because of some
evidence of retroperitoneal fibrosis and reduced the amantadine when my ankles
began to discolor a bit.  I discontinued the Eldepryl last year when my
hypertension worsened.

I will be 71 in June and  am now at 1400 mg Ldopa/140mg carbidopa; 100mg
amantadine; 50mg atenolol and 5mg Norvasc - the last two are for hypertension.

I tried Permax but was not able to achieve a workable balance with the Ldopa.

Amen

Patrick J Martin<[log in to unmask]>
71,11,8