On Sat 12 Apr, Edie Luther wrote:
> Does anyone have the following problems?  Upon waking, when I step on the
> floor, my whole body hurts, mostly my muscles.  It is more prominent a day
> after walking my treadmill or walking and playing nine holes of golf;
> especially the fronts of my thighs.  Some days I feel like I just ran the
> marathon.  In the moring I do feel a little better when my medications kick
> in.
>
> My internist took blood tests  and there wasn't any indication of
> inflamation, thus ruling out arthiritis.  My neurologist didn't seem
> concerned about it.
>
> I've always been physically active, so these symptoms are wearing me down
>
> My next step is to the library.  I diagnosed my parkinson's at the library,
> so I  am an
> old hand at this.
>
> Thanks for any information you can throw my way.
>
> Edie

Hello Edie,  - The aches and pains which you describe are similar to my own,
and are fairly common, I think. My view is that they are caused by the way I
sleep: It is strange that, although we are in almost constant motion for one
reason or another while we are awake, I (and a lot of PWPs) become
absolutely immobile when I go to sleep. So inert do we become, that the flow
of blood through the muscles is greatly reduced, and some toxins are not
immediately washed away as they would be if we were awake. I believe that the
aches and pains are caused by the blood supply getting going and flushing out
the toxins when we awake.
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>