My dad (65) has had PD for ten years and has been fortunate lately in his
ability to manage his condition with medication after five years of
difficult trial and error.  He is not involved in any PD support group, but
has asked me to help him keep up to date through this forum and other
resources on the internet.

The other night on TV (CBS - Dan Rather) there was some article on a new
substance being tested on rats called CPU-1046 that could potentially help
those afflicted with PD.  Neither one of us saw the article, and I can't
find anything on the WWW for CPI-1046 using Yahoo! or other search engines.
The second-hand info on this TV report was so incredible that I am reluctant
to repeat it because I am not sure of its veracity.  Given that there has
been no discussion of it here, my doubts seem well supported.  Does anybody
reading this have any idea of what I'm talking about?

Rgds,

BL

e-mail: [log in to unmask]