Jacob Drollinger <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

<<When I am out, and there is someone walking towards me, is the time
when I
have the most difficulty with my gait. I know that it is just nerves,
i.e.
the anxiety of having someone coming straight at me. But it's gotten to
the
point where I can not maintain a near normal gait even outside, when a
car is
coming towards me.
This has got to be a psychologic problem; it feels like nothing else.
Has anyone else had any similar experiences with their gait and fear of
people?
When I am alone, I can usually keep a nice steady gait.>>

a non-professional opinion that differs somewhat:

the possibility that the visual phenomena that abnormal peripheral
acuity or sensitivity to moving objects occurs with non-normal balance
of neurotransmitters in the optical sensor-neurons or the optical neural
networks in the brain

could be the cause of the fright-or-flight enzymes and/or
neurotransmitters to be released.  This epinephrine (? and or ? ) shower
of chemical(s) could cause agitation.

the above may be relevant to the changes noted when wearing blue glasses
which apparently reduce the moement detectors extra sensitivity.  The
effect not always requiring the relative motion to be from an object in
view - the subject being in motion approaching a doorway also produces
the relative motion.  this may cause freezing - which stops the
doorposts from "coming at one".  I have read that the motion detectors
have a faster than cognitive processes brain response. Which makes sense
in regard to the blinking response to small dust particles approaching
and also putting a finger close to my eye or face - which may relate to
the different response to tapping on the forehead blinking response
being different to those of us with PD.

best wishes to Jacob and all,  (by the way, birth date and diagnosis
date do not change - so I prefer to use those in my signature. visit my
home page for some medication info if you are interested.)
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>