    One of my friends called me, after seeing the
CBS news report on GPI-1046, and said that they
reported that this is a new "cure" for Parkinson's.
I didn't see the news, and was unable to locate any
information on it, in our local paper. However the
next day I found an article about it on the CNN
Internet site (www.cnn.com), in which they reported
that there were hopeful results with the rat studies,
but they were unsure at this point about how humans
would respond to the drug, and that it would probably
take about 10 years before it could become available
for human use, if it does prove to be effective and
safe.

    Another example of innaccurate media hype, like
the 20/20 program, it seems.