John,

I never had a copper IUD, but I did go through hair analysis and found
that my copper levels were very high.  My nutritionist put me on a very
strict diet in addition to nutritional supplements.  I have been taking
the supplements for the better part of the year, but had to modify the
diet drastically because it was high in protein.  As a result, I was
losing too much weight and had too much interference with sinemet.

I've had pd for 12 years, and am having off/on problems with sinemet.  i
hope to begin taking tolcapone when it's approved, and if that helps
enough, I'd like to try the diet again.

My question is this: if my pd was caused by my body's inability to
process copper properly, is there any point to ridding my body of it
now, or is it like shutting the barn door after the horse has escaped?
Any thoughts?

Pat

P.S.  I'm curious as to why someone named John was wearing an IUD!

  pine`