At 11:27 4/8/97 -0400, Brian Collins  wrote:

>If this subject had been raised 4 months ago, I could have reported 18
>years since diagnosed as having Parkinson's, and NO COLDS in that period.
>However, I had a small cold 4 months ago, and  I have just recovered from
>a full-blown, 20-Handkerchief cold,  with all the bells and whistles, so
>whatever the magic was, it seems to have deserted me!

           Jeannette also was the beneficiary of the no-cold situation for
        over 20 years since being diagnosed and starting with amantadine.

        However, the record was broken. She came down with a cold/cough in
        late February. The cold had been 'cured' but it came back with a
        fury today. Her cough has been with her since the onset, sometimes
        better than others.

        Seems a new strain of bug is in the air........Drat!

        Best wishes........Jack

E. Jack Savely    [log in to unmask]    Topeka, Kansas
CG - Jeannette 58 - 20              Starliter on Chat
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'