This is a website with the most serious adverse effects of meds and does
mention heart attacks and strokes related to the bromocriptine.  It also
points out that the meds are generally safe and reactions rare.  One
must weigh benefit vs rare effects.

http://www.aaalaw.com/aaalaw/article.htm

I copied this.  I do believe drs still prescribe Parlodel with sinemet
in some cases.  Parlodel has many other uses and is commonly prescribed,
so I think the adverse effects are indeed rare.  It is used for
lactation  suppression, pituitary tumors, premenstrual swelling,etc.
All with few problems.
PARLODEL:
Chemical name:
     Bromocriptine mesylate.
Qualities:
     Helps all aspects of Parkinson's disease. Used in combination with
Sinemet to reduce symptoms and ameliorate severity
     of adverse reactions associated with long-term levodopa therapy,
especially dyskinesias, wearing off and "on-off." Acts
     directly on the D2 receptors.
Dosages:
     Tablet, 2.5 mg; capsule, 5 mg
Range of daily dosage:
     1.25-30 mg
Side effects:
     Orthostatic hypotension, nausea, blurred vision, hallucinations.
Special considerations:
     May take several weeks for an effect to occur.

--
Gail B. Post, RN,MS,CSN
Maryknoll Schools