Sorry, I neglected to include the second Econmist article in my
message last night. It is from 22 March issue and covers Good
Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles and l'Hopital Henri Mondor in Paris
where transplants of fetal striatum are being done. Also Harvard
where pig fetal tissue has been tried. To me the important part
of the issue was the statement that "recent research has shown that
adult neural stem cells are alive and can be prompted to recreate
lost cell populations by growth factors " - work done at
Neurospheres in Canada.
I just realized I didn't copy the remainder of the article. I'll do
so today. Sorry.
Allan Goldman   [log in to unmask]