Billie Baird you might be on to something.

Several months ago I posted a message looking for others who were not
bothered by colds or flu.  I had seen an article to that effect in a library
medical book about 13 years ago when I was first diagnosed.  I received
about 8 responses, half did still have colds and half did not.  I personally
have not had a full blown cold in 15 years.

The common denominator may be smoking.  I gave up smoking at age 43, was
diagnosed with parkinson's at age 45 and am now 60.

So counting you, Don Mckinley, and me, we have 3 Yes votes vs 0 No votes for
Smoking, Parkinson's and No Colds.