Hi, everyone,

Thank you, Barbara, for your welcome and for the info on how to post a
message, etc.

My husband is the person with PD, diagnosed in Jan.  His neurologist started
him on Sinemet CR, 1/2 tab, and although it gave Bob (my husband) gas and
about twice a week, diarrhea, he did very well otherwise.  Then the dr. upped
the dose to 1 whole tab and the gas/diarrhea got much worse.  We had reported
these symptoms to the dr., by the way.

Fri. the dr. suggested going back to 1/2 Sinemet CR and going off it entirely
in 2 weeks, and had him start on Permax Mon.  Not a good idea.  Bob had
terrible diarrhea Mon. night several times.  I called the dr. Tues. morning
and said, No more Permax.  Ever.

Bob also takes Eldepryl, one after breakfast, one after lunch, and thinks
he's doing fine with that and does not think it's causing any gastric
trouble.

Yesterday the dr. called to prescribe lomotil for the gastric trouble.  It's
better than over-the-counter stuff, I guess.  Bob has tried stopping all
sorts of food and beverages (caffeine-free, sugar-free Coke is his only
vice), and nothing has made any difference.  I know most PD people complain
of constipation, but that's not Bob's problem.  We'd both be really grateful
if anyone has any suggestions.  Please write me at:  [log in to unmask] (or if
you're on aol, just use the first 7 letters).

Thanks so much for any help.  I enjoyed reading everyone's notes and look
forward to being "connected."

Bob's tremor is better than it was, but too severe for him to manage the
computer, which is why you're hearing from me instead of from him.

Thanks, everyone.

Delda White ([log in to unmask])