Jackie--I don't think the hypotension is rAre in PWPs. Peter has a milder
case, and also takes florinef.(1 mg.) He was put on a double dose, but
began to get edema in feet, and as it didn't seem to make much difference
we went back to the lower dose, and the swelling vanished.  He takes
Sinemet 10/100 every 2 hrs. 'round the clock, no other PDmeds at present.
His other symptoms are very similar to your father's, BTW.
You might ask John Cottingham  <[log in to unmask]>  to look in the list
archgives re: hypotension ---put "archive search" on subject line . There
may be useful info there from earlier posts.
Good luck!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"