To: Tom Riess,   Thanks for an excellent analysis of speech problems, and
a useful set of recommendations. I am fortunate in not having a speech problem
(so far), but I was reminded of a technique which I used to use when I was
still employed, and had to conduct really serious high-pressure trans-Atlantic
telephone conversations. Very simple really- I closed my eyes. I was making
use of the same point which you make, regarding speech in the absence of
thought formulation: By reducing the number of parallel inputs all fighting
for the brain's attention, it frees more channels to devote to the task of
talking.
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>