Hi,

I spoke with John Kern (sp?), leg. aide to Kansas Rep. Vince Snowbarger a few
days ago.  He seemed very aware of the bill sponsored by Rep. Chris Smith
which he described as having the same funding level as last year and a
prohibition against research using fetal tissue.  He was very sympathetic to
me personally.  My reaction to the prohibition was that it seemed like a red
herring to me.  I asked him to become more familiar with the Upton-sponsored
bill and he said he would.  I will check back and see where the
Representative stands.

Barbara Blake-Krebs