At 12:52 AM 4/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Billie Baird you might be on to something.
>
>Several months ago I posted a message looking for others who were not
>bothered by colds or flu.  I had seen an article to that effect in a library
>medical book about 13 years ago when I was first diagnosed.  I received
>about 8 responses, half did still have colds and half did not.  I personally
>have not had a full blown cold in 15 years.
>
>The common denominator may be smoking.  I gave up smoking at age 43, was
>diagnosed with parkinson's at age 45 and am now 60.
>
>So counting you, Don Mckinley, and me, we have 3 Yes votes vs 0 No votes for
>Smoking, Parkinson's and No Colds.

john i was diagosed at age 47 now 72 could not walk for 8 yrs. now can use a
cane. some times doc. get mad. have elec., and gas cart. asked about my
smoking he said to only smoke about 10 a day. as it helps me me to keep my
tremors doun a little little. i want to be like other person. walk run. but
can,t but i try. if we belive everything we hear what would eat and drink.
it depends on you own health. doc. says. i bowl or just toss a 9 lb ball out
on the ally, golf from my cart,cant put. cut grass. just have fun. don,t why
but cold don,t have flu. but do take some meds. for it. so every one has his
own right to do and think as they please. so smoke or don,t as you belive. i
got sugar,lead poinsing. no need to not to do it up good. ha ha  don  I.Y.Q.