Hi Donna Testa

I sent your idea into our parkinson's office and the response was met with
enthusiasm.
I think it's a great idea, and did mean to include it in our Newsletter,
but let me know if it takes off, and then I will get the ball rolling down
under -- or at least in Western Australia.
I had an idea to suggest to our members,that if everytime we meet for
seminars, social events, or such, we bring a piece of string, so we can
start an Oz ball to send to you!
.
Re World Parkinson's Awareness Day
Yesterday our Association launched our stick pin flags and the poster "Wave
a flag: Help fight Parkinson's Disease" The stick pins have a little tulip
surrounded by the words "Parkinson's Australia".  We had the minister for
health to launch them, and at least one tv station did a great cover on the
news.  They opened with a shot of M. Ali at the olympics, with some great
text, then an interview with our President and his wife after they had
filmed them walking along holding hands, with the PWP exhibiting very bad
dyskinesias. They also got to talk about the effect of PD in their lives.
Tomorrow, I with many others will be sitting in shops throughout Perth (and
maybe in the country too) asking for donations for the flags, and no doubt
doing lots of talking about PD.  I have gathered some literature for my
table, and will also be selling our all-purpose cards.

I should say that we have the most amazing, energetic and skilful
fund-raising Chairperson who deserves our thanks over and over.  She is not
on this List, but her name is Joyce Weinberg, so if any of you want to
write to her via me, I'd be happy to pass on any letters. She would be most
suprised.  Joyce would love the idea of the ball of string, twine, etc too.

Cheers to you all
Joy Graham (CG Bob 57, 8+ years)