Hello All.

I am posting this notice to try to generate publicity for a
find-raising event in the UK.

A party of about six of us, including myself and my two brothers
are going to be completing the "3 peaks walk", on the weekend
of 24/25 May.

This involves climbing the 3 highest peaks in Wales, England, and
Scotland, and driving between them, all within the space of
24 hours.

The mountains are Snowdon, Sca Fell pike, and Ben Nevis respectively.
I don't have exact heights to hand but they are all over 3500 feet, and
Ben Nevis is over 4000 feet. The distance between them is about 500
miles, so it is quite a daunting prospect. Some of us did the walk 3
years ago, so we are very confident of success. We are also hiring
a bus and drivers this time, last time we did it by car and shared
the driving.

We will be starting at the foot of Snowdon on 24th, at around 10:00 am, finishing at the bottom on Ben Nevis a little under 24 hours later.
These timings are to minimise night time walking - the longest
drive is Sca Fell to Ben Nevis, which we do in darkness.

We are supporting a range of charities. I and several others will
be raising money for Parkinsons disease society in the UK, as my
mother is a 71/10 PWP.

One of my brothers will be fundraising for his local hospital
as his son was recently treated successfully for osteomyelitis.

Other participants will be raising for the charity of their choice.

My employer is sponsoring us by means of paying for hotels before and
after the event (we sleep on the bus during it!) and paying for the
bus. One of my staff has volunteered to drive.

Any suggestions for publicity/fundraising will be gratefully
received. I suggest you send them to me directly ([log in to unmask])
rather than to the group.
I would also be grateful if you could put "3PEAKS" in the header - I
get a lot of email in my job and this will help me sort it. If you
don't know how to do this, don't worry, send it anyway.

I look forward to hearing from some of you!!

PS I would like to thank the organisers of the "Pedal for Parkinsons"
day here in the UK yesterday.
All the family enjoyed the cycle ride, including baby Thomas, who
at a day under 8 weeks was the youngest participant at our venue.

Graham Cameron
Technical Director
Paradigm UK Ltd
University of Warwick Science Park