my name is Jerry Starr. I am a pharmacist from Dayton, Oh and a new
member of this list. I would like to try and clear up a few matters that
have been brought up today. 1. The sinamet dosage that was mentioned
(3x25/100 and 1x 50/200-sr at bedtime is a large dose, but not
abnormally large. I would not like to see it go any higher. There is a
new dopamine agonist (as is permax) that has just been approved by the
FDA called Pramapexole(Pharmacia & Upjohn Co.). This drug may be more
effective than Permax and can be tried in place of Permax.(this is just
a suggestion to ask your doctor)  2. Aricept is a new drug similar to
Cognex for alzheimers. It has the advantage of lower toxicity, and can
be taken once a day.  3. Many other things can cause pain in the chest
or arm, but these symptoms should always be checked to rule out a heart
attack.       4. Generic Sinamet is available in immediate release
formulation (but not in the SR form), and should save you money. --If
there are other questions, please contact
me.
Jerry Starr  Rph.   (jhstarr@concentric
net)
Jerry Starr, Rph.  ([log in to unmask])