Robyn,

I am a new list member and have just read your post.  I had a Copper 7 too.
I am not familiar with Wilson's disease.  Did anyone who responded to you
have it.  Is it very common among people who had Copper 7's?  What are the
symptoms?

Only reply if you have time.

Nancy

At 09:35 AM 4/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>A big thank you to all who replied to the queries I raised about the Copper
7 IUD. I found it very helpful to read the shared experiences and/or the
information that you contributed.

>I agree that any causal connection is a long shot indeed, but it never
hurts to ask a question and to follow it through if appropriate.

>In my case, it was my neurologist who suggested quite out of the blue,
after some minutes peering into my eyes, that I should have a copper test to
eliminate Wilson's Disease. I thought he was crazy, and only months
afterwards remembered the Copper 7. The test results are not back yet, and I
do not really believe I have Wilson's Disease. I do, however, believe that
the makers of the Copper 7 should have been more careful before releasing
the device to an unsuspecting public.

>Be that as it may, thanks once again to all those who replied to my posting.
>
>By the way, Pat, although I am writing this message, the E-mail address is
in the name of my husband, John. Your message gave us a good laugh!