DEAR FRIENDS:

It is human nature that we tend to focus in on our own problems and think
"No one has any idea what life is like for me" and to feel sorry for our-
selves.  I am as guilty of that as anyone.  But last night I got to
thinking - "If I had the opportunity, would I switch places with someone
who:
       * has MS
       * has untreatable cancer
       * has AIDS
       * is homeless
       * has Alzheimer's
       * has lost a child
       * is in constant severe pain
       * is paralyzed
       * has cerebral palsy
       * has a drug addiction
       * is blind
       * is totally deaf

..... I could go on and on.  You can add to the list, I'm sure.  These are
all conditions that, like Parkinson's Disease, are out of our control.  I
came to realize there are millions of people who live with these
devastating conditions every day of their lives AND I WOULD NOT TRADE
PLACES WITH ANY OF THEM.  WOULD YOU?

Let's count our blessings.

JANICE LONG