I am pretty sure that I also had one of these nifty devices installed in the
early 70's. It gave me a lot of trouble also, so I had it (very painfully)
removed, and forgot about it. I suspect though, that in any group of women
in their 40's and 50's there will be a high percentage that used the device
since it was a main contraceptive choice during those years. Similarly, a
poll of that age group might yield a big response to the question "did you
ever visit a drive-in movie in a Rambler?" or "have you ever tasted Bosco?"
Just kidding...

Kathie Tollifson