Re: sinemet & tremor

Ralph,

I had a mild tremor of my right arm at the time I was diagnosed, and was put
on Eldepryl & Vitamin E (2000iu).  Within 7-8 months my tremor had become
very bad.  My Neuro. gave me the choice of starting Sinemet, which he thought
I needed anyway, saying that it helps reduce tremor in some people and does
nothing for tremor in others.  I was very lucky --my tremor totally
disappeared.  ( I originally took 1/2  a tablet of Sinemet 25/100  three
times a day as well as the Eldepryl (5mg) twice a day.)

Now, almost 2 years later, it is still working although not as well.  I am
still taking 1/2 a tablet of Sinemet 25/100  three times a day,  but have
added one Sinemet CR 25/100 at bedtime.  I also still take Eldepryl (5mg.)
twice a day; Vitamin E  (2000iu)  a day,  and added Parlodel (2.5mg)  1/2 a
tablet  three times a day,  and an antidepressant.  I've been on this doseage
for over a year.

I now know immediately when my medicine is almost gone because I will start
having slight tremors in my arm.  If I don't take my Sinemet right it
continues to get worse.  I am supposed to go to Emory (in Atlanta) for my
yearly check up in May, so something may get changed at this time.

Sorry this is so long but hope it helps.  You'll probably hear form someone
else with an experience opposite from mine. We're all different --you just
have to find what will work best for you.  Good luck!

Rosemary Russell