To:: Marjorie Moorefield, for Transmission to Hein ten Bosch

Thank you for the information and background to the Cabergoline/Pramipexole
story. I agree that I was not in possession of all the facts. However. now
that I do have the whole story, I am unrepentant.  The fact remains that I
am being deprived of access to a drug which just might be the best of the
bunch for me, in terms of improved primary function and freedom from side-
effects (Two aspects which are completely unpredictable).

I wonder if Upjohn would have accepted the legal constraints with such
equanimity if they had not got Pramipexole waiting in the wings to make
its debut in the USA. They must be crying all the way to the bank! I
would like someone to explain the reason which prevents registration of an
existing drug for a new application: is there a valid technical reason, or
is it just a product of stupid red tape?
In short: I WANT ACCESS TO ALL POTENTIALLY BENEFICIAL DRUGS. Does anyone
agree with me?

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>