I agree with you, Brian.  The drug co.'s make me very angry, and I can speak
from unusual personal experience.  I had an uncle (by marriage) who was one
of Upjohn's top chemists.  When he died 8 years ago, he held 79 patents.
 Early in his career with them he discovered a breathrough that cut out
several steps in making cortisone.  They paid him a fortune, all the way
along.  He never gave anything back to the community (or anyone else), and as
far as I can tell, neither does Upjohn (or any other drug co.).  I don't
expect them to operate at no profit, but they should be regulated.  Their
profits are out of sight.  Many people cannot afford prescription drugs and
die early or suffer unnecessarily as a result.  I'd like to see Congress
pressured to remedy this.  They claim they worry about people having to
choose between food and heat (in cold climates).  How about between
medication (or medical attention), food and heat?
    Delda White