Delda,  I know this pharmaceutical politics is maddening, but I do have
one
comment.

>He never gave anything back to the community (or anyone else), and as
>far as I can tell, neither does Upjohn (or any other drug co.).

Upjohn has been very supportive of patient education in our area.  Our
local Upjohn representative often stops by to see how they can be of
service.  They unfailingly help fund our patient symposia so we do not
have to charge exorbitant attendance fees.  They have also provided us
with slides and other educational materials to assist in PD education
programs and support group presentations.  I have found their desire to
help to be sincere on an individual basis.   Carole

Carole Hilton, LCSW
Parkinson's Coordinator
NPF Patient Services and Outreach Program
The Neurosciences Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital
637 S. Lucas, #501
Los Angeles, CA  90017