My name is Joseph Konick.  I am 44 years old and living in San
Francisco, CA.  I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 1991 after
many, many visits to various physicians.  Since 1991 I have tried many
alternative therapies from acupuncture to homeopathy - from biofeedback
to massage - all have had some positive result - but, unfortunately, only
pharmaceutical drugs have proven most helpful.  I began on Sinemet in
1993 and continue to take Sinemet (3 25/100 and 3 50/200 CR)per day along
with Parlodol (Bromocriptine at 10-15 mg. per day).  Sometimes the
medications work - sometimes they don't.  I haven't figured out any rhyme
or reason to why some days are better than others. Earlier in 1996, I
tried Permax but had a very difficult time on that medication.

3~  I am the
branch office manager of an international law firm which is a very
stressful job.  There is no doubt that the stress of the job aggrevates
my symptoms.  Some days I can barely sign a check - other days I may be
able to do pretty well.  Some days I feel that I have to quit work
because I  just can't do oit any longer - other days I feel more
hopeful. It's all very, very frustrating and at times
depressing.  But I am hopeful of new drugs and research being developed
and one day a cure for this horrible disease that we face.

My neurologists are Drs. Aminoff and Dowling at the Parkinson's Disease
Clinic at the University of California, San Francisco.  I have been
associated with the clinic for 2 years (prior to that Iwas with a private
neurologist in San Francisco -but felt it better to be connected with a
teaching/research institution).

I have been a member of this list for about 2 or so years - and was
recently "booted" from the list due to a glitch in the system.  It is
this rejoining the list which has made me want to "come out" and say
hello to all of  you brave, intelligent and dynamic people.

SO, hello to you all - hope th eabove makes sense and I wasn't rambling
too much.

Joseph Konick