Two of the problems with foetal transplants are supply of material, and
ethical considerations about source.  Both of these were major obstacles to
the transplantation of human foetal cells from aborted foetuses.

The ethical problems with pig foetal material are not as emotive as with
human material, but animal rights activists, etc., protest their use.

It seems to me that if the material could be successfully cloned, both of
these considerations would abate.

Easier said than done, I know, but I recall an experiment where cells from
human infant penile material, obtained as a result of circumcision, were
successfully cloned, grown in sheets on agar(?) plates, and used as graft
material for extensive skin burning.

I also know that skin material is nowhere near as complicated as brain
material, and that rejection is a problem.

Then why bother saying this?  Because there are many brilliant medical
researchers in the world, but not many cross-discipline lateral-thinkers,
and I hope that this might come to the attention of the few there are.  :-)

If cloning were successful, but rejection proved too big a problem, perhaps
the PWD's own remaining substantia nigra could be sampled, and cloned for
that person, especially in the earlier stages.

Just a thought, from someone hovering on the edge of desperation.

Jim